Restore Your Dental Structure With Dental Implants
Do you have a missing tooth? Do you feel the need to complete your dental structure? There various restorative procedures that can help you bring an end to your dental issues. This article talks about how dental implants can help restore your teeth’ structure.
Dental implants are dental procedures that are involved in the replacement of misplaced teeth. Unlike some other procedures that are attached to the surrounding teeth, dental implants are placed in the jawbone through surgery.
It looks like a screw that is made up of titanium or other materials. During the dental implant, the screw is fixed inside the jaw where the misplaced tooth’s roots are located. The bone begins to grow around the implant over time. This would help to hold it in place and make it balanced. After the screw has been placed inside the jaw bone, a fake tooth or dental crown is attached to the screw to replace the missing tooth’s space. The tooth cap is custom-made to fit the surrounding teeth and look like a natural tooth.
Tooth implants can also be used to support a denture or dental bridge. They lay a strong foundation for permanent or temporary restorative dental procedures that are specifically made to suit natural teeth.
There are different reasons why people get dental implants. Dental implants are the best options for multiple teeth replacement. A person can get full mouth dental implants if there is an infection that requires extraction of the whole teeth. You can get a dental implant if your teeth are misaligned, crooked or crowded. You can get dental implants near you if you are experiencing these dental issues and you want to restore your dental structure.
Note that a dental implant is not a good option for you if you have gum infections, unhealthy jawbone, or diseases that prevent the bones from healing. You can see a dentist in Chaska, MN for recommendations on what dental procedure is suitable for you.
What Are The Benefits Of Dental Implants?
Long before the emergence of dental implants, dentists used to make use of dental bridges and dentures. Thanks to advancements in technology, dental implants are here to provide better treatments. Now there are a variety of dental procedures that patients can make their options from. You don’t have to go too far away to get a dental implant done. You can get your dental implants done by a dentist near you. They are accessible.
There are numerous benefits of dental implants. The following are the benefits of dental implants stated below.
- Dental implants enhance our facial appearance and teeth structure. They look like natural teeth and they perform natural teeth functions. They are strong permanent restorative dental procedures.
- Dental implants boost your self-confidence and increase your self-esteem. A missing tooth can cause embarrassment and an awkward facial appearance. After you have gotten your dental implants near me, you won’t have to feel ashamed whenever you want to speak with friends.
- A dental implant can treat speech problems that are caused by misplaced teeth or misaligned teeth. They can also help you eat well without making you worry about your teeth falling off.
- Dental implants are durable. They last long with good maintenance.
- Dental implants are convenient. Unlike removable dentures, dental implants are fixed to the teeth and don’t slip off even when you’re chewing or talking with friends. With dental implants, you don’t have to make use of removable dentures that could cause inconveniences especially when you want to sleep or eat.
- Dental implants improve dental health. You don’t have to reduce or disturb the surrounding teeth whenever you want to get a dental implant. Unlike some dental procedures that require support from the surrounding teeth for them to be effective, dental implants are fused to the jaw bone and don’t need support from the surrounding teeth. This helps to maintain the unaffected natural teeth and restore your teeth’ structure.
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
Dental implants are permanent dental procedures. The implant screw can last a lifetime depending on how good dental hygiene is. Get your dental implants in Chaska. However, with regular brushing and flossing, the dental crown that is attached to the implant screw can last between 10 to 15 years. When the dental crown wears out, you would need to replace it with a new crown.